Re: Internationalization and the IETF

2000-12-12 01:40:03
On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:55:50 PST, "Durah, Kheder" said:
I see what you mean..it's not a perfect world and misuse of technology
standards always exist as long as human intelligence is involved. Do you
think going the other way and considering DNS as an directory service will
resolve this issue?

DNS is a hammer, heavily optimized for driving IP address lookup nails.

We've tried DNS as a directory service, and the results are miserable.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst