Re: Internationalization and the IETF

2000-12-12 12:40:03
At/À 05:06 2000-12-12 -0800, Bill Manning you wrote/vous écriviez:
%
% For the sake of a good discussion can we please have a
% definition of "directory service" and "address
% registry" to make sure we are all on the same page.
%
% I think we will find that defining these may be the
% issue, and this will clarify the discussion to
% something that we can get our arms around.
%
% Gabriel Landowski
% Mindangle Consulting
%

        There have been a number of documents drafted on this
        issue over the past few years. You can find the results
        in the IETF meeting minutes archives, going back to at
        least 1992. There are some old Internet-Drafts that talk
        to this issue (and I've heard that the IETF Secratariat
        is contemplating the creation of an historical ID repository)
        and there was a pretty good coverage of the issue in
        the IDN workinggroup yesterday by John K. One hopes that
        his presentation will be available online soon.

all presentations of the idn wg monday meeting are now available on the wg web site: http://www.i-d-n.net.

Marc.

        Of course, the general IETF mailing list might not
        be the right venue for continued conversation.

--bill

Marc Blanchet
Viagénie inc.
tel: 418-656-9254
http://www.viagenie.qc.ca

Normos (http://www.normos.org): Internet standards portal:
IETF RFC, drafts, IANA, W3C, ATMForum, ISO, ... all in one place.