Re: NATs *ARE* evil!

2000-12-15 10:40:02
On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:54:36 PST, Scott Brim said:
How much meaning does "Keith Moore" have?  Somehow we have a planet with
billions of people on it and those who need to still manage to find the
appropriate "Keith Moore".  How do they do that?  Are there any lessons
to be learned?

The lesson to be learned is that we say "The Keith Moore that works at UTK".

In fact, there's a word for when two people use the same exact identifier -
it's called "identity theft" and usually makes life very difficult for all
concerned - for many of the same reasons that 2 hosts with the same IP
address don't play nice.
--
                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst