Re: NATs *ARE* evil!

2000-12-21 19:00:03
At 04:41 PM 12/21/00 -0800, Fred Baker wrote:
Unfortunately, the world is not internet-attached. Western Europe is, the US and Canada are, Australia is, Taiwan has Internet in every public library (I'm told). It comprises populations in the 1 billion person ballpark. There are some pretty large swaths of people in Eastern Europe, Asia, and Africa that are not connected and should be.

before I get flamed, let me hasten in with - I left out a lot of countries that have some level of internet attachment. My point is not that "your favorite country has no attachment", but that "there are relatively few countries that have essentially pervasive attachment". If you still think I'm missing your favorite country, flame me privately :^)