Re: IETF logistics

2000-12-20 14:20:02
% spoken to many people afterwards, but I mention it only in the context of
% replacing 'should" with "we have done so, albeit in a limited way as an
% initial exercise".
%
% regards,
%
%     Geoff

The IETF has done many things in the past, some worked well, some not so.
Wireless, IPv6 and multicast are all "experiments" that have gone on to
something other than one-offs. Tutorial style sessions were popular during
the IPv6 "cooling" phase as we settled on a single approch.  I'd like to
note that Ole's comment about "hijacking" the hotel conference channel(s) to
retransmit the multicast sessions to hotel rooms was a real win the one time
it was done. And with a nod to our commercial brethren, it might bre reasonable
to retransmit sessions over some high-capacity, under-utilized infrastructure
like
the I2 fabric to reach more people.  And given the lower costs for video-capture
it ought to be possible to do more than two sessions at a go.

Such would go a long way to keep Steve and/or the firemarshall from getting
twitchy.

--
--bill