Re: IETF logistics

2000-12-21 13:50:03

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Michael Richardson wrote:

  The wireless access is likely key to actually giving everyone a chance to
get online, but I recall a lot of useful work that occured in the terminal
room. I also recall deciding to go to the terminal room rather than find a
session that I can "cross-fertilize" --- now if I pick wrong, then I just
don't pay attention, but I still take up room. (I become aware of my own

Here's an outlandish solution:
these problems might go away (as new ones will doubtless emerge) if and when
we get live feeds out and inject keystroke feedback, in reverse direction,
into the live meetings. [visions of hum-counting web pages, holy matrix]

That would take care of non-participation (a) from terminal rooms residence,
(b) because of overcrowding in the meeting rooms, and (c) budgetary constraints
preventing travel to the IETF meetings... In limit t->infinity, enthusiastic
newbies like myself would go there merely to watch the work being done
remotely.

-p.