Re: IETF logistics

2000-12-19 15:10:02
From: Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>
cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IETF logistics
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:49:47 -0500

What we can do for future IETFs is make the current
sporadic practice of reserving the front few rows of seats for
folks who have actually read the drafts and are involved in
implementation.

why don't we reserve all *except* the last three rows for those
who have read the drafts, leaving the last three rows for bottom
feeders?

What happened to the proven and time-honored technique of getting
to a meeting early if you want a seat?  I know the argument is that
we want to hang out in the hallways until the last minute and still
get a seat (because we are more "important" than a bunch of the people
that did get there early), but still...

-tjs