Re: IETF logistics

2000-12-21 11:00:03

"Melinda" == Melinda Shore <mshore(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> writes:
    Melinda> I think the problem could, in part, be alleviated by physically
    Melinda> ejecting from the room people either playing games on their
    Melinda> laptops or checking their portfolios.

  I agree.

  As useful as the wireless and power bars are, I think they contribute to
people (myself included) feeling that we should be doing three things at
once.

  The wireless access is likely key to actually giving everyone a chance to
get online, but I recall a lot of useful work that occured in the terminal
room. I also recall deciding to go to the terminal room rather than find a
session that I can "cross-fertilize" --- now if I pick wrong, then I just
don't pay attention, but I still take up room. (I become aware of my own
behaviour at Pittsburgh)

  So maybe WG chairs should have the right to unplug the wireless access
points :-)

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|gigabit is no[
]   Michael Richardson, Solidum Systems   Oh where, oh where has|problem  with[
]     mcr(_at_)solidum(_dot_)com   www.solidum.com   the little fishy
gone?|PAX.port 1100[