Re: IETF logistics

2000-12-20 16:50:03
%       Bill, just a minor note
%
% > it was done. And with a nod to our commercial brethren, it might bre
% > reasonable to retransmit sessions over some high-capacity,
% > under-utilized infrastructure like the I2 fabric to reach more people.
% > And given the lower costs for video-capture it ought to be possible to
% > do more than two sessions at a go.
%
%       do you mean other than multicasting it?
%
%       Dave

My impression is that generally two WG/per time slot are multicast
and generally its over commodity Internet provided by the local host.

If more WG were multicast and there was an effort to bring I2 capacity
to the venue - and - we could  use hotel "conference" channels, it would
go a long way to get info to folks who could not otherwise get into the
tiny room(s).

--
--bill