Re: networksorcery.com spam

2001-07-20 15:30:03
Yo mtr!

I believe that this mail list is opt-in and the bulk mail in question
was opt-out.  If you can not see the difference then we have big problems.

I spend a lot of time as postmaster for a lot of domains digging out from
under spam.  It is NOT a mole hill to me or a lot of other folks on this
list.  Opt-out just does not scale in an internet world.

hi. we're not talking about a "mail list" so the issue of "opt-in/out" is
meaningless.

all we have is this: a guy authors an rfc and gets an e-mail by someone
maintaining a public database of rfc authors.

there is only one thing that calling this "spam" achieves -- it reduces the
impact of the term "spam". when a word means all things, it means nothing.

let's keep the powder dry for "real" spam, shall we?

/mtr