Re: networksorcery.com spam

2001-07-23 10:50:02
TRAICOVN (NW) wrote:

Under the current description that I have seen, this email is in fact SPAM
because you are not expecting it.

Let's see. You subscribed to the list, so you had to expect to get messages from the list. Beyond that, you didn't expect the individual message--when it arrived, who sent it, what it contained. Guess what? That's how communication works--in fact, that's the *point* of communication. If all messages you received were expected, such that you knew everything about them in advance, they'd be useless.

|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|eCal Corp.      |"How many lifeboats are there?" "None." "Did you|
|francis(_at_)ecal(_dot_)com|*count* them?" "Twice."                         |