Re: myth of the great transition

2003-06-19 00:08:29
vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com (Vernon Schryver) writes:

Related to what you wrote a little while ago, blackhole routes are
easier to deploy against overseas senders of junk IP packets (for most
localized notions of "overseas") than nearby spammers.  Do you get
much spam direct from China or Korea?

before i started adding /8's to my personal mail filtering system, i used
to get a hell of a lot of direct spam from chinanet customers.  nowadays
i get very little direct spam from china or korea, just a lot of open proxy
and open relay spam.  so, i see your point.

i guess where this has to lead to is respected and enforced treaties
involving property and privacy, which is like saying everything will be
OK once we invent faster than light communications.

But what does this have to L2VPN or the IETF?

now that, i just don't know.  i was just walking by and smelled the fire.
--
Paul Vixie