RE: T-shirts, and some suggestions for future ietf meetings

2004-08-10 10:52:41
At 12:37 PM 8/10/2004, Glen Zorn wrote:
,,,

>   Frankly, as long as we can have BAR BOFs in the Hotel, the location
> of the food doesn't matter.
>
>   Vienna suffered from having meeting space and hotel seperated, and
> unclear default "BAR".  Orlando had the same problem.

Hmm.  As I recall, the meeting space was in the hotel in Orlando.
Perhaps you are thinking of Montreal (though it's hard to believe that
one could confuse the two ;-)?

The hotel in orlando was garden-style with many low-rise buildings. The meeting rooms were near the bar, though not right next door.

> I've never done
> the San Diego hotel, but I know exactly where it is. Definitely not
> downtown.

A $5 cab ride to the Gaslamp district.  Why would you want to go to
downtown S.D.?

~gwz

safety deserve neither..."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless
they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-- Voltaire