Re: french crypto regulations relating to personal encryption usage by visitors?

2005-04-04 15:53:18
Stephane Bortzmeyer writes:

It seems they have never been enforced at all.

The powers that be choose various laws to persecute those whom they seek
to bring down; presumably no recent target has been in a situation such
that prosecution on the basis of crypto regulations was the easiest way
to silence or neutralize him.

Practically speaking, I agree we whould ignore the problem.

I agree, keeping in mind, of course, that there is always a risk as long
as the laws remain on the books.  Of course, that's the whole idea.

--
Anthony