Nowhere is perfect [Re: french crypto regulations relating to personal encryption usage by visitors?]

2005-04-03 07:13:47
Let's assume that the crypto regulations are a red herring as far
as Paris is concerned. I'd like to state the obvious - every location
we choose for an IETF is a compromise. Jordi Palet took on the job of
writing a first draft of site selection criteria. Things like visa
requirements and crypto regulations should surely figure in that,
and so should travel time, weather, etc. But we have to give a lot
of weight to meeting facilities and the budget, as well.

   Brian