Re: french crypto regulations relating to personal encryption usage by visitors?

2005-04-04 16:41:39
At 00:50 05/04/2005, Anthony G. Atkielski wrote:
Stephane Bortzmeyer writes:

> It seems they have never been enforced at all.

The powers that be choose various laws to persecute those whom they seek
to bring down; presumably no recent target has been in a situation such
that prosecution on the basis of crypto regulations was the easiest way
to silence or neutralize him.

> Practically speaking, I agree we whould ignore the problem.

I agree, keeping in mind, of course, that there is always a risk as long
as the laws remain on the books.  Of course, that's the whole idea.

Dont worry, we just have it in the books to retaliate when USA blocks Roquefort, Bordeaux, Renault, Alcatel or Airbus sales. In August politics on both sides should be on vacations.
jfc