Re: Voting (again)

2005-04-13 14:45:02
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

The criteria applied for membership of NOMCON could be
applied to direct voting rights without any difficulty.

Selling out vs, pseudo-random ?  So far the worst idea I've
understood on this list.

The model I want to move to would give the IESG and IAB
considerably greater influence in the development

No, it would openly sell them to the paying industry.  At
the moment eyes wide shut I can pretend that I'm a "member".
Without this delusion I'd refuse to work for free and look
for greener pastures.

there is nobody who has the authority to represent the IETF
membership.

Something wrong with Brian, IESG, or IAB ?  If I don't like
what they do I can simply say so.

there has to be a negotiation that takes place between the
parties whose buy in required for deployment.

One of the more funny MARID experiences were the dozens of
one-time-posters all declaring "yes, we will deploy Sender-ID".
Surreal.
                     Bye, Frank