RE: Voting (again)

2005-04-14 07:20:35
At 07:05 14/04/2005, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
Negotiating at the IESG level also means that in the case where there is
an honest disagreement between the lawyers over what the law is it is
possible to bring in outside expertise.

There are two levels I feel. The attribution/acknowledgment of rights and real life. This is not because a patent engineer has agreed to patent something by the laws of one State over 192 that everyone in the world must be blocked. Patents laws foresee in general that Defense has a preemptive right. Common network interests should have the same right. But this is something which cannot be discussed by IESG/ICANN when IPR holders are represented. This is not what an ISOC department can impose.

This is in the range of the WSIS. This is why the IETF not being present in the WGIG was en error. In fact an abdication, I am afraid.
jfc