WSIS [Re: Voting (again)]

This is in the range of the WSIS.

As far as I know, patents are not on the WSIS agenda.

This is why the IETF not being present in the WGIG was en error. In fact an abdication, I am afraid.

No, abdication would mean that *we* refused an invitation to sit
in WGIG. There was no such invitation and there was, politically,
no possibility of such an invitation. However, ISOC is particpating
as much it can in the WSIS and WGIG process via the "civil society"
channel that is available.

As a matter of fact, Lynn St Amour (ISOC President) and I had lunch
with Markus Kummer of WGIG today. The communication channel is as
open as we can make it.

   Brian