Re: Uneccesary slowness.

2005-05-18 17:52:13
At 5:05 PM -0700 5/18/05, David Kessens wrote:
On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 01:08:39PM -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:

 For example, as you note, the IESG approves working groups and working group
 charters.  So the IESG does, in fact, have the ability to control the later
 demand placed on it.

Are you suggesting that we start disapproving new working groups
since they cause work for the IESG ?

Yes! In fact, if I closed down all of those pesky INT area WGs, I would definitely be able to process those individual submissions on time! :-)

Seriously, I am operating under the assumption that timely review and processing of WG charters and WG documents is more important to the community than timely processing of RFC Editor individual submissions, and the fact that I do not always manage to process individual submissions on time reflects that prioritization.

Are there really a significant number of people who think it should be otherwise?

Margaret