Re: Uneccesary slowness.

2005-05-19 05:32:56

On May 18, 2005, at 8:50 PM, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

Seriously, I am operating under the assumption that timely review and processing of WG charters and WG documents is more important to the community than timely processing of RFC Editor individual submissions, and the fact that I do not always manage to process individual submissions on time reflects that prioritization.

Are there really a significant number of people who think it should be otherwise?

Individual submissions are an important part of our process, and in many cases it is important for IESG to review them. I think it is necessary for IESG to manage its WG workload in such a way that it has some amount of time left over to process individual submissions. In other words, a discipline that gives strict priority to WG work might not be appropriate.