Re: Re: I'm not the microphone police, but ...

2005-08-03 02:53:45
my 2 cents as well:

And whether or not people mention their affiliate at the mic is a
much smaller issue IMO to whether they use their company email
account. That is a much more visible and relevant label in IETF work
that mostly happens on mailing lists anyway.

I believe that its good to avoid conflicts of interest, or the perceptions of
it.  Note that I am using a personal address on this, so I'm happy to speak
freely, and this following this list is really not related to my day-job.
However, on mailing lists / WGs where my employer is interested in my work on
the subject, I use the email address provided by my employer, just so that
folks know that my responses might be 'colored' somewhat ...

John