Re: are we willing to do change how we do discussions in IETF? (was: moving from hosts to sponsors)

2006-06-24 03:59:51
 Such as, a requirement for formal cross-area review of the design
goals document and of preliminary specifications as a prerequisite
before producing a reference implementation.

The IETF standards process is already so slow and uncertain that
people throw up their hands in exasperation and go around it.

Changing the process to make it even slower and add yet more hoops to
jump through will solve the problem by ensuring that nobody bothers
any more.

R's,
John