Re: Fostering reviews (was Re: are we willing to do change how we do discussions in IETF?)

2006-06-26 02:05:16

The "incentive" that something like SIRS offered was classification as
a senior contributor.  This was neither a small point nor a small
benefit (IMO).

what was the benefit of becoming a senior contributor?
how would this differ from the "technical advisor" title?

In my model, the advisor is an on-going mentor.  They are an active participant
in the working group.

Reviewers are not (necessarily) participants.  There is an obvious -- and
probably quite appropriate -- view that a reviewer MUST NOT be a participant,
lest their review be too distorted by having too much context.

In both cases, I would think that neither has any sort of veto.  Rather, they
must sway by convincing rather than dictating.  This applies both to the
decision-making by the wg and decision-making by the IESG (about the wg output.)

d/