Re: New models for email (Re: e2e)

2007-08-21 22:56:17

John C Klensin wrote:
...  For anti-spam purposes, the only
value of this sort of drill, IMO, would be to authenticate the
message sender.

Which "sender"?

Author of content? Poster into transfer service? Operator of originating host? Operator of intermediary host, such as the last hop before receipt by the boundary MTA?

There are a few more roles we mush together under the term sender, but I suspect you mean one of the above. Confusion in the term usually seems to be between author and originating operator, but often includes the outbound MTA operator.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking