Re: IPv6 will never fly: ARIN continues to kill it

2007-09-13 04:40:39
    my persistent question to the enterprise operator is this:
    how frequently do you plan to switch your isp, or how many times
    did you do that in the past?

    i have never got any reasonable answer from anyone.

OK, I'll bite.   Never, and never (in nearly 20 years).   Although we
in effect have IPv4 PI as being an older university we came online when
getting an old Class B was easy, before IP allocations were made from
the NREN space.

        i would like to hear more opinion from organizations that have
        connected to the internet more recently.

        the problem i'm seeing in the ietf is (of course there are exceptions):
        - vocal people have class B/C for their own use so they are not
          really feeling the pain of NAT (and they are contributing to the
          bigger size of the routing table)
        - vocal people are not using IPv6 daily

itojun