Re: IETF 72 --> Dublin!

2008-02-01 08:12:32

--On Friday, 01 February, 2008 11:57 +0100 Jeroen Massar
<jeroen(_at_)unfix(_dot_)org> wrote:

(e.g., if we want to eat lunch or dinner somewhere other than
the  hotel)?  What transportation options are available, and
how long will the take?

Bus -> "cheap" (in a sense), but takes about 45mins (ex
waiting time)
Taxi -> "expensive", takes about 30 mins

If even a taxi takes 60 minutes round trip, am I correct in
assuming that the options for lunch not supplied by the meeting
facility are non-existent?

If so, I think we have repeatedly discussed a meeting-site
guideline that prohibited sites with that property for at least
three reasons:

        (i) If the facility can't handle the load, the meetings
        are disrupted, with no recourse.

        (ii) If one doesn't like their selections, there are no
        options.

        (iii) Expensive facilities tend to have expensive
        restaurants and other facilities.

Oh, but there are golf courses.  Guess that makes it ok for both
the non-golfers and the golfers who will be spending all their
time in meeting rooms and figuring out where to eat.

Here we go again.

Could I request that the IESG schedule one old-fashioned,
open-ended, evening plenary?  :-(

    john