RE: IETF 72 --> Dublin!

2008-02-01 10:24:06
Jari,

OK.

But the analysis is correct here the bottom line is we are stuck in remote
place for example if you had a meeting in the business section of Paris or
Washington D.C. your options would be less out of the IETF but this is even
more intense being remote.  Sure there are options I have checked.  Travel.  Be
good to have IETF bus for those that don't have the funds for taxi or car
rentals.  Typically these type of locations are used by orgs that want to
isolate their teams for a business meeting that should not be the strategy of
the IAOC as input.

/jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Jari Arkko [mailto:jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 12:15 PM
To: Bound, Jim
Cc: IETF Discussion
Subject: Re: IETF 72 --> Dublin!

Jim,

Your authoritarian tone is not pleasing at least how I take
it.  Let people vent I just hit the 'd' key and so can you.
If there was authoritarian tone, it was by no means intended.
For the record, I DO worry about cost of meeting fees,
expensive hotels, travel, decreasing participation, etc. And
yes, people need to vent. However, I think it would be good
to take a little bit of time to figure out what the site is
and what conditions there will be like before we pass
judgment. Stephen promised to send info, Ray already updated
us on the bus situation, people are looking at what
restaurants possibly exist nearby, etc.

Jari