Re: IETF 72 --> Dublin!

2008-02-01 10:25:41
At 10:28 AM 2/1/2008, Jari Arkko wrote:
Dean,

We should know by now that isolated resorts ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE as
meeting locations.

Er... like Dallas or San Diego?

Jari

Dallas was supposed to be New Orleans until a little catastrophe
called Katrina happened there and a secondary city needed to be found
with little notice -- so don't bang on that city too hard.

I agree with you on (the Harbor Marriott in) San Diego - which we've
been to twice

I've never been to Dublin and I don't know what exists on site. Maybe
some locals could tell us? Also, as has happened in a number of IETFs so
far (like in Dallas), Ray is scheduling a bus service for us. More
generally, before we criticize meeting site selections, lets at least
first figure out what the true conditions really are.

I look forward to going to Dublin.

Jari