Re: Advice on publishing open standards

2008-11-28 16:22:08

You would face two problems with the IETF.  One is that we
rarely take on work for which we cannot add value and do
effective reviews.  The other is that we generally don't do work
that is not Internet-specific, and your audience would seem much
broader that the Internet alone.   Terms like "rarely" and
"generally" imply that you could perhaps convince people that
this should be an exception, but I believe it would be an uphill
battle.

   john

I would like the coded character set to be an official character set of
the internet because I plan on writing an extension for Firefox and
Thunderbird, where charset="x-iswa-2008".

ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2

I'll look again, but I was most impressed with the IETF.  Maybe I should
self publish as an open standard technical report.

Regards,
-Steve