Re: Advice on publishing open standards

2008-11-28 16:39:11
One note about the charset name. The registered name would be
charset="iswa-2008", *not* charset="x-iswa-2008". The x- prefix should
only be used for experimenting until the name is registered. Per RFC
2978, section 3.1, "x-" prefix can only be used *until* the registration
is complete. You should also be looking at that section for other advice.

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

slevin(_at_)signpuddle(_dot_)net wrote:
I would like the coded character set to be an official character set of
the internet because I plan on writing an extension for Firefox and
Thunderbird, where charset="x-iswa-2008".

ISO/IEC JTC1/SC2