RE: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis and the optional/mandatory nature of IESG notes

2009-09-09 15:05:59
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
Again, I wish to emphasise that this is completely distinct from the
question of whether anyone ought to do anything about the state of
affairs.  I refuse to take a position on that, or even consider it as
a topic for a conversation in which I'll be involved.  There are
enough windmills around without us throwing up new ones at which we
can tilt.

That's a shame. The standards world is looking for someone who can tilt at
the windmills that are the entrenched habits of our day. Who wants to be the
hero of that novel?

I'm being serious. I agree with you that there is much unhelpful confusion
about "RFCs".

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen
3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482