Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-20 16:00:30
Steve,

No, ignoring extreme situations and unless a promise of no Internet
access censorship for the IETF meeting can be obtained, it is a choice
between endorsing censorship or opposing it. Networks censored on a
political, religious, and cultural basis do not "Bring People
Together".

Your message below is fundamentally inconsistent. You claim that the
IETF is so insignificant that if it doesn't meet in China, the IETF
will become irrelevant. Yet you claim that the IETF is so significant
that if it holds a meeting in China and there are troubles, this will
strike a severe blow against China's aspirations. You can't have it
both way.

Donald

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Steve Crocker <steve(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com>