Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerning afuture meeting of the IETF

2009-09-20 14:52:24
On Sep 20, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Michael StJohns wrote:

I'd be happy to have a WG meeting in the PRC - on topics other than those common to the security area, but I remain concerned about prior restraint for the IETF as a whole as a price of holding a meeting there.

I wonder if we could ask. Is that too simple?

We have plenty of minutes of previous meetings, slidesets, and I-Ds/RFCs. We even have audio recordings.

There have been loads of Chinese nationals at the meetings who could comment.

Can we find out in advance whether the material is even close to being an issue to the Chinese government?

My guess is that it would not be and that clearing the air in this way would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Adrian