Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerninga future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-21 15:02:53

Health wrote:

all in all,

   Since IETF only focus on and discuss technical issues, has the issue of
politics or human right been discussed in the past IETF meeting?

  if the answer is "NO", there should have none probles of hold a meeting in
China.

Direct you attention to the primary sources.

http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsec/92.ipsec/msg01985.html

http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsec/92.ipsec/msg01991.html

If you want to follow the thread:

http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsec/92.ipsec/thrd2.html

This discussion was still going on several years later when I began
participating in the IETF, even though clipper had been killed and
presidential directive 5 had long since been neutered.

The dialectic on what should be brought to the ietf, and the
implications of polticaly imposed requirements influencing standards
neither started nor ended there.

Yao