Re: IETF Plenary Discussions

2009-11-12 02:19:50

During previous technical sessions I mailed an announcement about the technical
plenary and in those announcements I've asked something along the lines of:

If you consider asking a question during the open-microphone session it
would be helpful to send that question to the IAB<iab(_at_)iab(_dot_)org> in
advance.
In that way we may be able to think about the problem and answer your
question effectively. Note that sending in a question is _not_ a
requirement for asking one.

I believe that submitting questions in advance will help to get concise
questions asked (because some thought went into phrasing them) and get pointed
answers (because some thought went into answering them). In fact the questions
may be shared by the larger group and not just the individual opinions of the
folk that are happen to be on stage.

FWIW, in the sessions I had asked this questions nobody walked up during the
microphone. I just forgot to add the paragraph in this weeks announcement.

--Olaf