Re: IETF Plenary Discussions

2009-11-16 21:23:48

On Nov 16, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:

I can think of a few people who I think have been
ranting too long as soon as they step up to the
mike.  So, I think it's probably a mistake to turn
plenaries into a techie version of "The Gong Show" -
we shouldn't be making it easier to silence people
with unpopular or annoying views.  At least putting
a time limit on speeches at the mike is basically
(but not perfectly) non-discriminatory.

Yep, and as I noted, it helps to encourage folks to
organize their thoughts and be more concise in their
questions or statements for the benefit of the community,
AND the I*.

-danny