Re: IETF privacy policy - still a bad idea

2010-07-24 12:07:29
 On 7/24/2010 3:36 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
The IETF has a legal home, named ISOC. Let me rephrase: "Do you think
ISOC is not subject to the laws of Europe?"

Of course they are.  But that's OK, since ISOC has had a privacy
policy in place since 2006, which makes specific reference to the
"safe harbor" policy kludge worked out between the US and EU:

http://www.isoc.org/help/privacy/

Good grief.

Indeed.  Do we agree that this means we're done?

No, we are NOT done with this, not unless that is the IETF is formally
acknowledging that its practices meet that existing privacy mandate and
in a manner which provides a demonstration of how that process is
implemented in the IETF.

Todd Glassey

R's,
John