Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-07 18:49:38
Assuming the very simple model that attendance consists of a fixed number of
constant attendees from each continent plus a "continentally local" variable
number that only show up when the IETF meets on their continent and using
the very limited data provided, using a rough least squares fit I get the
following:

Constant Attendees
 Africa 6  Asia 236  Europe 254  N.America 409  Australia 14  S.America 8
Continentally Local Attendees
 Asia 333  Europe 173  N.America 232
Thanks,
Donald
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 d3e3e3(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Bob Hinden