Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-07 18:56:13

On Aug 7, 2010, at 4:15 PM, Michael StJohns wrote:

Fred said this much more eloquently than I could.

On the IETF78 attendees list there's been a lot of discussion about where to
meet - with the primary consideration seeming to be "pretty and small".    I
may be in the minority, but I'd really rather the IETF go places where the
ability to  "get work done" is the primary consideration.

I'd like to second Mike here.
admittedly I'm a boring type, my preference is a more or less fixed set of
meeting locations (Minneapolis is just fine), one knows exactly what to expect,
easy to plan. Perhaps easier on IAOC as well.

However one of the few fundamental truths about Internet is its diversity, that
applies to the community as well, hence those who desire pretty and small.
I expect we end up in some kind of engineering decisions, trying best to
accommodating different interest with well informed tradeoffs.

Lixia