Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-09 09:10:06
On 8/8/10 11:48 PM, Simon Josefsson wrote:
Yeah, I'm all for meeting in Europe once a year, but does it have to be
in the peak of Summer?  Seriously.  As long as I'm in a hotel conference
centre all day, I might as well be north of the Artic Circle in November.

+1.  Peak of summer happens to be peak of vacation time for many
europeans, and making room for an IETF conference during vacation
periods can be difficult even if it is in the same continent.

it also means conference facilities have availability, just a small
detail of course. notwitstadning the fact that if you've got 3 evening
spaced meetings per year one of them is going to fall in that period.

/Simon