Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-11 12:50:18
Mike,

I will note that for any given person asking if a date 4-7 years out is "bad"
is probably going to get pretty much a "huh? why are you asking me now?" and
the silence you encountered.  In this case, silence isn't so much consent as
"I have no useful data to convey".

But given the comments on the list, its unclear that we can/should separate
the discussion of dates from the discussion of locations - as painful as that
may be.  I don't know that the IAOC should consider the 2014-2017 dates firm
quite yet.

While personally I agree (as in I have no idea what I will be doing in 2017),
in order to schedule meetings and avoid conflicts with other organizations I
don't see any alternative to set these dates into the future.  Once they are
published other organizations see them and make their schedules around ours.
So I think they have to be firm.

Bob