Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-11 12:48:35
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:30:35AM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
Contribution". Such statements include oral statements in IETF sessions,
as well as written and electronic communications made at any time or
place, which are addressed to:

    * Any IETF working group or portion thereof

IETF WGs are made up of their participants.  Participants are so
defined by their participation in some WG activity such as a meeting,
or reading the mailing list, or something like that.  So, if you come
to an IETF meeting and make some side comment about anything that went
on in a WG meeting to someone else who was somehow participating in
that WG (say by reading the list or going to the same meeting), then
your comment is a contribution under my reading.  ("Portion thereof"
just means "at least one participant", as far as I can tell.  It isn't
otherwise defined that I can see.)

So it's perhaps not quite true that anything that anyone says in a
hallway discussion is a contribution; but something like that must be
pretty close.  The definition of "contribution" is extremely broad, I
think.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(_at_)shinkuro(_dot_)com
Shinkuro, Inc.