Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-11 11:31:50
Offlist

I also believe that the goal of moving the meeting around is to minimize
the cost of getting our work done, not to minimize the cost for walk-in
attendees.  However, to measure this, I suggest we count "contributions"
as we do for IPR purposes:

  c. "IETF Contribution": any submission to the IETF intended by the
     Contributor for publication as all or part of an Internet-Draft or
     RFC (except for RFC Editor Contributions described below) and any
     statement made within the context of an IETF activity.  Such
     statements include oral statements in IETF sessions, as well as
     written and electronic communications made at any time or place,
     which are addressed to:

Scott

Scott, I couldn't possibly DISagree with this statement (and it actually seems right in principle), but I have no idea how to make it actionable for the IAOC (perhaps Bob is smarter than I am).

Am I reading too much into the word "count" (as if we were toting up the number of times Freddy spoke at the mike in SIPCORE)?

Spencer