Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-11 14:59:11
On 08/11/2010 14:40 EDT, Michael StJohns wrote:
Andrew -

Interesting take but one that probably isn't supported by the black
letter reading of the Note Well.

In general, the Note Well describes the class of things that might be
contributions, but for them to become actionable contributions, they
need to make it into the IETF record.  I assume anything I say at the
microphone in a WG meeting can and will make it to the record - I
further assume that anything I happen to say to someone sitting next
to me in that WG won't unless and until one of us gets up and goes to
the mike.

In the scope of this thread's subject line you're right that that kind
of "contribution" doesn't matter because it's not measurable.

(... but on the topic of what a contribution is from the point of view
of IPR, you're encouraged to disclose IPR if what you say might have had
any influence on where the group goes, even if it was indirect and
vague, because someone might remember you saying something that led them
to reach a conclusion in line with your IPR.)