Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-11 15:03:24
Right, that's seemingly covered by the text that Andrew elided:

   Any submission to the IETF intended by the Contributor for
   publication as all or part of an IETF Internet-Draft or RFC and
   any statement made within the context of an IETF activity is
   considered an "IETF Contribution".

Side (snide?) comments made between two guys in the back of a WG
session, informal hallway or evening conversations after the session
between two participants not serving in any kind of official capacity
(AD, WG chair, WG secretary, document editor, etc.), and so on, are not
Contributions. It seems quite a stretch to construe as a Contribution
anything said during the week of an IETF meeting by anyone who happens
to be attending.