Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-10 11:44:25
Yoav,

On Aug 7, 2010, at 9:27 PM, Yoav Nir wrote:

Asia is big. Some parts of Asia (the middle east and the eastern parts of
Russia) are closer to Europe than to China, Japan or Korea, at least as far
as traveling goes.

But I think that only adds up to about 15-20 attendees, so it's still in the
noise.

I also wonder if the data we have is about countries of citizenship, or where
people actually work. A lot of people with Indian or Chinese  passports work
in Silicon valley and are actually more comfortable with a meeting in north
America than in Asia.

I doubled checked.  The continent data is based on the address of the person
registering , not their citizenship.

Bob