Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-11 12:36:03
At 12:35 PM 8/11/2010, Bob Hinden wrote:

While I can't speak for Marshall, I think he was pointing out that the IAD
sent out proposed dates for 2014-2017 to the community and no comments were
received.  This was done twice and afterwards the IAOC adopted the dates.

Also, to your other query, these dates did not specify a meeting location.
That is the point of this discussion.  See:

 http://www.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming.html

Bob

Fair enough - but I read Marshal's comment more as we're about to start
planning meetings based on 1/1/1 as opposed to being a comment that "we've
already set the dates why didn't you speak up before"... probably a mis-read on
my part so let me apologize for that.

I will note that for any given person asking if a date 4-7 years out is "bad"
is probably going to get pretty much a "huh? why are you asking me now?" and
the silence you encountered.  In this case, silence isn't so much consent as "I
have no useful data to convey".

But given the comments on the list, its unclear that we can/should separate the
discussion of dates from the discussion of locations - as painful as that may
be.  I don't know that the IAOC should consider the 2014-2017 dates firm quite
yet.

Mike