RE: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-09 03:23:46
Michael Richardson [mailto://mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca] writes:

"Michael" == Michael StJohns <mstjohns(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net> writes:
    Michael> Fred said this much more eloquently than I could.

    Michael> On the IETF78 attendees list there's been a lot of
    Michael> discussion about where to meet - with the primary
    Michael> consideration seeming to be "pretty and small".  I may be
    Michael> in the minority, but I'd really rather the IETF go places
    Michael> where the ability to "get work done" is the primary
    Michael> consideration.

Yeah, I'm all for meeting in Europe once a year, but does it have to be
in the peak of Summer?  Seriously.  As long as I'm in a hotel conference
centre all day, I might as well be north of the Artic Circle in
November.

You must be a lover of Minneapolis!  OTOH, there are those of us who aren't
(or would prefer not to be) stuck in a hotel conference center all day,
every day, for a week.  Europe in the height of summer holiday may not be
the optimum, but I'm told that Paris is lovely in the springtime...