Re: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-08-08 19:44:29
On 8/8/10 5:41 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
Just to give a counterpoint, Maastricht was incredibly productive.
Perhaps you didn't see clusters of people at the conference centre,
but there were plenty of groups going for walks, going out to dinner,
and having interesting discussions.

I don't subscribe to the notion that shutting everyone into a
confererence centre-cum-campus with all amenities onsite (and a
corresponding dearth of other options, e.g. Minneapolis or Anaheim)
is going to lead to higher productivity.

I''m inclined to argee, and I the the experience in vienna was
relatively similar, that said, I also had at least three breakfast
meetings at hells kitchen the last time we were in minneapolis so I
don't that that venue is per-see devoid of opportunities to escape.

Cheers,